Saturday, October 01, 2005

cover design?

i think i just accidentally designed the cover of my poetry book. i mean, i was trying to design, but through a series of 'accidents' i ended up with something different to my original idea. but it was too easy, so before i get all crazy and post the new cover on the blog, i better go back and check my original ideas to make absolutely sure that this first attempt is in fact as cool as i think it is.

another thing that happened today, too. anna and i decided that 'epilogue' is the best title of the book. she liked the sound of that better than 'transit'. when i came to typeset the words 'transit' and 'epilogue' i found that epilogue looks a hang of a lot better in type - especially the script types i am playing with. epilogue has two descenders - 'p' and 'g' and one ascender - 'l', which help with the forward movement of the script. you'll see what i mean when i post the cover.

anyway - good progress being made. stand by.

on the stereo as i write: 'burn out' by the cinematic orchestra, from the album 'every day'. www.cinematicorchestra.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man. this sounds really exciting cant wait to see it/read it. Keep Rocking.

Anonymous said...

such a talent, glad you're finally getting it finished so I can read it!! (and others but mainly me)
Joy:)

Mark Laurent said...

Hi A. Congrats on the blog, brother - they're fun, eh? I've got one called the Marktrix, but I hardly ever get around to using it (you've reminded me that I must have a look, and add something).
life is a great big string of ones and zeros.

Mark L.